文本来源:佛山商务英语培训 首选爱德华国际英语
saying you don’t know
表达不懂
he doesn’t know a thing about plumbing.
他一点都不懂水工。
i’m afraid i have no idea.
我恐怕是真的不知道。
she hasn’t got a clue how the system works.
她根本对系统是怎麼运作的一点概念都没有。
sorry, i can’t help you there.
抱歉,我无法帮你。
this isn’t my area of expertise.
这不是我的专长领域。
i don’t know the first thing about investment.
我对投资一点都不懂。
don’t ask me.
别问我。
you got me.
你问倒我了。
how the heck should i know?
我怎麼可能会知道啊?
what are you asking me for?
你為什麼要问我?
dialogue example(1):
对话范例(1):
matthew: can you help me work the system?
马修:你可以帮我啟动系统吗?
karen: sorry, i can’t help you there. i haven’t got a clue how it works.
凯伦:抱歉,我没办法帮你。我连它是怎麼运作的都没概念。
matthew: what about maggie? does she know?
马修:那玛姬呢?她会吗?
karen: i’m afraid she doesn’t know either.
凯伦:恐怕她也不懂。
dialogue example(2):
对话范例(2):
lisa: do you know where your brother is?
丽莎:你知道你弟在哪吗?
caleb: i have no idea.
凯勒:完全不知道。
lisa: is he over at his girlfriend’s place again?
丽莎:他又跑到女朋友家了吗?
caleb: how the heck should i know?
凯勒:我怎麼可能会知道啊?
文本来源:佛山商务英语培训 首选爱德华国际英语