当前位置 : 首页 > 美剧里最常说的10句俚语
美剧里最常说的10句俚语
发布者:管理员 发布时间:2017-4-25 阅读:738     
文本来源:佛山英语培训学校 爱德华国际英语
 
1 24/7 一天二十四小时;一周七天;一直;持续地
My little sister irritates me
24/7! 我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生气!
 
2 A short fuse 急性子
Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.
杰米真是个急性子;几天前他就跟教练嚷嚷着说不要让他上场了。
 
3 A taste of your own medicine
如果对别人坏,那么自己理所当然地也要尝尝相同的滋味
After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.
在多次被捉弄后,朱利安决定也要让胡安尝尝同样的滋味,就订了27块披萨送到胡安的家里。
 
4 Butterflies in my stomach 紧张的
 Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.
利亚姆在上台演奏小提琴时非常紧张。
 
5 By the skin of your teeth 勉强做成某事 Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long. 莱斯特勉强组成了舞蹈队;你可以看出来他已经好久没跳爵士了。
 
6 Cat got your tongue? 怎么不说话了?(通常说出来是为了让对方难堪)
 I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?
我刚才看见你亲了我男朋友。怎么回事?你怎么不吭声了?
 
7 Crying wolf 假意求救
 You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.
你已经玩了这么多次“狼来了”的把戏,没人会相信你是真的受伤了。
 
8 Cut someone some slack 放某人一马
Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!
嘿,放我一马吧。上个星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了给你打电话。对不起嘛!
 
9 Down for the count 疲劳的;放弃;不愿再参与
No, you can’t take my dog for a walk – she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.
不,你不能遛我的狗。——她追了那几只猫一天,已经累坏了。
 
10 In the fast lane 繁忙刺激的人生
When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.
当柯蒂斯四十岁的时候,他决心过刺激的人生,所以他辞去了牙医的工作,决定骑摩托车环游欧洲。
 
文本来源:佛山英语培训学校 爱德华国际英语

| 打印本页 | 关闭窗口 | 订阅“爱德华国际英语”

 

【爱德华国际英语官网】【爱德华国际汉语官网】 合作媒体和品牌

教育论文 迈斯林移民 EMBA报名网 国际汉语教师协会 期刊网 苏州大学考研 英语夏令营 CAM培训 北大冬令营 北师大留学预科

CopyRight © 2011-2016 All Rights Reserved
咨询热线 0757-82360648 微信公众号 爱德华英语 邮箱 support@edward-english.com 地址 佛山市禅城区百花广场10楼